Bitcoin never stops. Neither does Bitcoin.com.
Every once in a while, it’s important to stop; to take a breath and celebrate a milestone.
We started on January 5th of this year, only 8 months ago.
A lot has changed since then.
January 5th 2018:
Price of BTC was 16,734 USD
Price of BCH was 2,762 USD
Total Crypto Market Cap was at 752 billion USD
1 show on the podcast network
As of today’s writing:
Price of BTC is 7,366 USD
Price of BCH is 641 USD
Total Crypto Market Cap is at 239 billion USD
4 shows on the podcast network
It’s been a bearish year to say the least.
But there is a bright side to the price corrections.
The bear market allows time for learning and building.
We have laid down the foundations for a podcast network going forward. It is the go-to channel to connect with Bitcoin beginners and experts alike.
We live in a “connected” world with attention more fragmented than ever. Audio has an advantage over print and video: one can listen to a podcast while they are doing something else.
You may ask, why a podcast network and not just one show? A one size fits all podcast is too limiting for a dynamic, worldwide movement. So we are now at four and growing.
- This Week in Bitcoin – Stay in the know with news from the Bitcoin world on this weekly podcast. An easy-to-digest news summary published every Friday. Delivered in 15 minutes or less! Straight from our global news offices.
- Blockchain 2025 – Blockchain is a technology that will disrupt nearly every industry. We explore one industry in every episode. How will blockchain change art, music, or online advertising? What improvements will be made? What projects are already underway? How will they benefit? Listen to find out.
- Humans of Bitcoin – Humans of Bitcoin tells the stories of people whose lives have been impacted by cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. Guests range from activists and refugees to artists and entrepreneurs. At Humans of Bitcoin, we just want to know how cryptocurrency is changing people’s lives, and why.
- Calle Bitcoin (Spanish) – Un podcast sobre el crypto, blockchain, y bitcoin en el día a día. Conversamos sobre temas actuales, sobre lo que pasa en la calle, y con lenguaje sencillo. Queremos aprender con los oyentes sobre estas tecnologías revolucionarias que están para quedarse. Calle Bitcoin narra revolución.
Our goal is to encourage adoption, so we aim for every episode to pass the “mom test”.
We want the 99% of the world that knows very little to have a place to listen and learn. This means explaining a fascinating, complicated world in layman’s terms. Your mom should be able to understand.
A few quick hits
Top downloaded episode: The Future of Blockchain with Jared Tate of Digibyte – When a government agency, large company, or law enforcement, wants to learn about blockchain, they call Jared Tate.
Most downloaded episode on Humans of Bitcoin: A Porn Star’s Take on Cryptocurrency – Brenna sparks tells us why crypto means survival in the adult entertainment industry. Listen to find out why she’s a HODLer + her honest views of the infamous Legends club.
A Few Notable guests
Apolo Ohno – 8 time olympic medalist and Dancing With The Stars champion
Calvin Ayre – Online gaming mogul, founder of BoDog. Crypto Ambassador for the country of Antigua.
Vinny Lingham (next week)
Josh Ellithorpe of Coinbase
If you only had time to listen to one episode check out: Bitcoin’s Chief Economist – Jeffrey Tucker
Breaking the news:
- In English, announcing that the amazing XDite will run for mayor of Taipei.
- Cody Wilson exclusive on 3D gun blueprints.
- Many episodes of This Week in Bitcoin thanks to Cindy Wang providing news first hand from China.
With 100 episodes under our belt, we are hitting our stride in production quality, conversational flow, and entertainment value.
It sounds cliche, but I truly believe that we are just getting started.
Most importantly, this was a team effort. The people who made this possible:
Isabel Chaparro – Editing / production. Every single episode!
Emily Dallara – Marketing
Edward Kelso – Co-host of Blockchain 2025, guest reach-outs,
Kai Sedgwick – Curator of content for This Week in Bitcoin
Cindy Wang – Bitcoin China news
Gerald Fabrot – guest reach outs, cool graphics (the header image!)
Podcast Website – Joey King, and Luis Barreto.
Calle Bitcoin Alejandro Beltran + Juan Pablo Calderón (AKA Dumpa)
Former hosts – Nick Cuttonaro, Cady Voge, Stuart James
YOU – the listeners and subscribers. Thanks so much!
Please reach out to us (podcast AT bitcoin DOT com) if you have any suggestions for future shows, or just to say Hi.
Here’s to one hundred more episodes!
Podcast Manager at Bitcoin.com