Distribution of funds is ongoing.
Over the last few months, we’ve been hosting a BCH fundraiser alongside the Bitcoin Cash community to support the ongoing efforts of various groups of Bitcoin Cash (BCH) developers.
To help raise as much as possible, we doubled the fundraiser goal from 800 to 1600 BCH, and we also extended the length of the fundraiser to let it run longer than the planned closing date of August 1st.
Many of you very generously donated BCH over this time and the fundraiser is now closed. The funds will be distributed as follows:
The general fund
We’re currently working with all partners involved in the general fund (called the Bitcoin Cash Development Fund) to distribute the donations as quickly possible. In the meantime, you can view the status of the general fund here.
We’ve been reaching out to the different developer groups and have started distributing their individual funds directly.
You can see the total donations and status of these individual funds here:
- Bcash: 6.35 BCH distributed 22-Aug-2019, 00:24:19
- BCHD: 112.26 BCH distributed 22-Aug-2019, 00:09:46
- Bitcoin ABC: 436.69 BCH distributed 05-Aug-2019, 02:30:27
- Bitcoin Unlimited: 307.73 BCH distributed 30-Aug-2019, 01:39:50
- Bitcoin Verde 1.22 BCH distributed 26-Aug-2019, 01:54:00
- Bitprim: we’re reaching out to this developer group to distribute their fund.
- Flowee the Hub: 2.82 BCH distributed 26-Aug-2019, 01:54:00
We’re hoping to host more fundraisers in the near future.
To help these run smoothly and transparently, our future fundraisers will let donations be sent directly to the public receiving addresses of individual developer groups.
This means there’ll be no need for Bitcoin.com (or anybody else) to hold funds when hosting fundraisers, ensuring that donations are available to developer groups as soon as they’re sent.
Thanks again to everyone who donated this time around. We can’t wait to see how these developer groups utilize the funds donated to them for building on Bitcoin Cash!